CTE produces and harvests vermicompost (worm compost) and after years of using it solely for our farm are producing enough to provide to the community. To order, email email@example.com or call Allen Parleir at 524-3977.
You can also purchase individual bags at the Paseo Farmers Market here.
Learn more about how we use compost as a heat source here.
Vermicompost is a natural by-product of vermiculture (composting with worms). Our worms are fed a combination of composted food waste, wood chips, leaves, and rainwater.
Castings can be used in all plants (indoor & outdoor). They mixed in potting soil, as an amendment, brewed into a compost tea and use in a foliar spray or simply as a top-dressing.
• Improves soil structure & porosity to create a better root environment;
• Increases moisture infiltration & permeability, and reduces bulk density of heavy soils – improving moisture infiltration rates and reducing erosion runoff;
• Improves the moisture holding capacity of light soils – reducing water loss and nutrient leaching while improving moisture retention;
• Improves the cation exchange capacity (CEC) of soils;
• Supplies organic matter;
• Aids the proliferation of soil microbes;
• Encourages vigorous root growth;
• Allows plants to more effectively utilize nutrients;
• Enables soils to retain nutrients longer;
• Contains humus – assisting in soil aggregation and making nutrients more available for plant uptake;
• Buffers soil pH.*
$11 – 1 Gallon Bag
$40 – 4 Gallon Bucket
To order, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Allen Parleir at 524-3977.